Christmas in February

Again I say, don't judge...

The "non-redneck" portion of my conscious won tonite and we decided to finally store away our Christmas decorations. Now grant me some credit, our outdoor decs have been in the rubbermaid since December. But our trees and random Santas and stockings were still standing gloriously indoors. And I must confess...we even plugged in the lights a time or two this week. :) 

To be honest, I thought if I left it up, Wes would sneak a few extra presents under it....yea, didn't happen. 

I'm actually early this year taking it down. I believe it was Spring Break (late April) before it came down last year. Hypocrisy, I know.

I would love to be one of those women who stay on top of it and get it down the day after Christmas, but I shall not follow in the footsteps of my Mom, Auntie, and Grandmother. I am the black sheep. 

Due to basketball season, we have small amounts of time for anything else. So free time is not spent on vacuuming up broken ornaments and trying to get that tree back in the box that I swear it came in.

 


Comments

  1. Mornin' love -

    Won't heaven be nice when we cease to fret or worry about why other people do what they do ... or in your case, "DON'T" take their trees down until February? I love that you aren't bothered by what other people get in a wad about.

    Most of us need to lighten up, get over ourselves and enjoy a basketball game or two.

    I love you so much.

    P.S. I swear that tree does NOT fit in the box it came in. And further more, either the tree grows from year to year or the box shrinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am usely right there with you on this one!! This year I managed to surprise even myself! I had everything put away by New Year's Eve!! That is big for me. But, our tree this year was totally decorated the way Avery wanted to decorate it. So, there were only a few "real" ornaments. Needless to say that it doesn't take long to take pipe cleaners and construction paper wreaths and stars down!! (I'm sure that sounds beautiful, but they loved doing it and it really turned out great!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment