Four years ago, to the day....

 It's time I give credit where credit is due. 

 Four years ago this very day I experienced the day that all girls dream of. Wes took me to a romantic dinner at Logan's. (Being sarcastic about the romantic part). :) Sweet tea, country music, peanuts and all...perfect! It truly was. His nervousness was precious. 

 So anyway, long story short, I said "yes" on this night four years ago. And so begins our journey. It's been a ride! But one that I wouldn't dare take with anyone but Wes.  Hard to believe our life together began with a little stalking...on his part. (He'll tell you different) :)

 I have learned over the years that contrary to Jerry Maguire, Wes does not "complete me." He "compliments" me. I am who God created me to be, and Wes compliments every part of me. He is the laughter that makes my heart smile. Even right now, I'm trying to write pleasant things in his honor and he's stressing me out... :) (As he cackles). 

 He is a man of commitment, integrity, and discipline. He is my partner in accountability and in crime. He is my safe place. I hide my deepest emotions and feelings inside his heart. 

 Over the last several months, God has done a work in Wes's life. It is amazing to see a glimpse of the Man of God continuously being created in him. He has become the drive in me to be a better person, friend, and especially a better wife to him. 

 Marriage can be hard, but you must realize the foundation is Christ. And that's how it was created to be. How much easier are your trials together when you acknowledge it! 

 So kudos to my Man of incredible faith, enduring patience, and fear of God. I am honored to have him as the spiritual leader of our family. 

Comments